Trips to Alton Towers Resort - save up to 20% on entry tickets
Home to the UK’s favourite theme park, the Alton Towers Resort offers an amazing combination of rides, attractions, shows and themed accommodation for thrill-seekers and families.
Alton Towers is renowned for its ground-breaking thrill rides including Nemesis, The Smiler, Oblivion and, new for 2018, Wicker Man. Set in over 500 acres of beautiful Staffordshire countryside, the Alton Towers Resort also offers Extraordinary Golf, Rollercoaster Restaurant, a Wacky Waterpark and dozens of other amazing rides and attractions!
For those with little ones in tow, CBeebies Land offers 14 CBeebies themed rides and attractions, plus the chance to meet some of CBeebies’ most popular characters. Families can also explore Sharkbait Reef by SEA LIFE, learn to drive at Cuckoo Cars Driving School, and do battle with ghosts and ghouls on Duel.
Alton Towers Resort truly is Britain’s Greatest Escape for ‘kids’ of all ages!
Wicker Man, the first wooden rollercoaster to be built in the UK for 21 years, with the unique thrill of fire. The dramatic images reveal a spectacular six-story (57.7ft) structure, featuring an impressive human face on one side and ram’s head on the other, which bursts into flames as the train races through its chest.
Alongside the new images of Wicker Man in all its glory, further details revealed include:
- The height of the Wicker Man structure is 17.55m (57.57ft)
- Over 40,000 tonnes of soil has been excavated to build the new attraction
- Track spans 2,000ft and is made from naturally treated timber, hand-carved specifically for the project
- Every ride will house 2 trains, each made up of 6 wooden carriages carrying 12 passengers (24 passengers per ride)
- Alton Towers Resort has invested £16 million into the creation of Wicker Man which has been in development for the last four years
- Wicker Man will open to the public this Spring
Before boarding Wicker Man, riders will embark on a journey into the world of the Beornen, a secret community living in the woods around Alton. Lured in by chanting, rhythmic sounds and unseen eyes watching them, guests will ‘be chosen’ to take part in the cinematic ‘pre-show’ before braving the ride itself.